Friday, August 22, 2008

Web Widow

Dearly Beloved,

We are gathered here today to morn the death of our dear friend, high speed Internet. He was good to me, he really was, he made me laugh, he made me cry, he told me when there was a sale at Victoria's Secret, and then one day, out of nowhere, I returned home to find out that he was gone - ripped from my grasp without warning. I am beside myself, I don't know what I ever did without him. Who's going to tell me what the weather is right this second, or show me the latest pics from last nights party, or let me know how Brittany and the kids are doing, huh? HUH? Internet, you cannot be replaced by a book or a newspaper or the television. You stand in a class by yourself. I love you. You will be missed more than words can describe...

You may ask, how are you writing this blog without the Internet? Well, I've come into work on my day off in order to write this very pressing blog. One week without the Internet at home and not only have I gone totally insane from boredom, I've been wondering just what we ever did without the web? I've found myself staring at walls, cleaning my room, using books for reference instead of Google, shopping in actual stores, calling people instead of chatting online... I didn't realize just how addicted I was until I was a web widow. It has been both a pleasant and shocking reality.

Well, I'm off to Nashville where I (thankfully) will have Internet access, however I may be too busy learning/networking/line dancing to surf the web all day. Stay tuned for more stories, as I'm sure that my very first ever business trip will yield much blog-worthy material.

2 comments:

Matt! said...

No high speed internet?? What happened/what were you thinking??? Loving the new blog so far. Bookmarked and everything. Thinking about doing one myself... =)

Deb said...

You are HILARIOUS. Second time I laughed LOUD! Can't wait for the next one. :)