Sunday, September 14, 2008

Little Penny in a Pile of Pretzels

As I reminisced last night with a lovely Tennessee native about my recent business trip to Nashville, I realized that I never blogged about my trip as promised.  I learned a lot and found fresh inspiration and ideas for my job, ate some good (and some really bad) food, and line danced my heart out!  The Nashville folks were as sweet as Frito Pie (you heard me) and our hotel was an indoor paradise - complete with waterfalls, plant-life, a river with fish the size of raccoons, and shops, restaurants and bars galore!  One never had to leave this virtual bio-dome, and admittedly I didn't stray very far until the very last night when we took our artistic arses out for a rip-roarin good time in downtown Nashville.

Now the details of the evening are another story for another time, however I will tell you that we returned back to our hotel wonderland in the wee hours and raided the one on site convenience store that was still open for business.  I bought a gigantic chocolate and sprinkle covered rice krispie treat on a stick and a bag of pretzels.  Events between the trip to the convenience store and the morning remain a blur, but I will tell you this - I woke up in a pile of pretzels the next day.  

I am no stranger to eating in bed - in fact it is secretly one of my biggest pleasures in life.  Add an episode of America's Next Top Model to the equation you have what I consider to be the guiltiest of guilty pleasures. There's just something about combining the comfort of my bed and the comfort of a carton of ice cream that is the ultimate joy for me.  I am publicly admitting to the wide wide world here and now that I often eat full meals in bed - perhaps this stems from years of living in a studio where the bed was the centerpiece of the whole apartment, or perhaps I just really like my bed.  Either way I do it and now you all know.

Part of me worries that admitting this routine of mine will repel potential suitors.  I wonder if a man will be repulsed by the permanent cafe mocha stain on the underside of my comforter, or the occasional popcorn kernel found lurking under my pillow.  But then I think, surely my soul-mate also eats and drinks in bed - specifically popcorn and cafe mochas (but ideally not in the same sitting.)

If you haven't yet experienced the glory of food-in-bed, it comes recommended highly by P+P.  Or if you have (I know you closeted bed munchers are out there) now is the time to speak freely about your experiences!  Yes, it can be occasionally messy, and yes, it may be a sign that you are utterly and totally lazy, but, as I told my Canadian conference buddy, everything tastes better in bed!  


No comments: